Questionnaire Spring Swap

Coffee

1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground?
Whole beans.

2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non?
I prefer the bolder coffees, leaded.

3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up?
Fairtrade Cafedirect Machu Picchu Peru or Tesco Finest Java Sumatra.

4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both?
Both. Definetely.

5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? How about add-ins or flavored creamers?
I don't like the flavoured coffees and hate add-inns.

6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup?
Rather a large, lovely mug. The kind that can hold a good cup of coffee.

7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it!
Coffee and knitting. Coffee and reading. Coffee and travelling.

8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company?
In a perfect world it would be coffee and caramel shortbread. In the real world it is mostly only the coffee.

Yarn

1. Do you knit or crochet?
I rather knit. Do some crochet every now and then though.

2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with?
Soft 100% wool; bamboo; sometimes cotton.

3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now?
On the hook an everlasting project, should be a childs top someday. On the knitting needles a lace shawl, a pair of socks, a pair of longies. I don't want to talk about the projects I started long ago and never finished. Yes, UFO's....

4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? What about those that you'd never find in your stash?
Oh, there are so many colours I love. Although I don't have much with black, grey, orange and neons.

5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? Any you just detest?
I use mostly circular needles.

6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan?
Needle protectors are no use for me.

7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with?
On skein of the sock yarn and one skein of the bamboo blend. Or I would use my credit card to buy more.

Spring

1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are?
Not exactly. It is cold for this time of year.

2. What's your favorite spring flower? Do you have one?
No favourite spring flowers - and I don't like tulips.

3. What do you most look forward to about springtime?
Good question! It is not my favourite season. Maybe to start visiting the English Heritage Sites again.

4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day?
I think we would have a nive forest walk.

5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? How do you spend that day? what helps cheer you up?
No, the weather has no impact on my mood at all. Staying in most of the day, doing some knitting and dyeing. An we would go out for half an hour, my daughter with her pink wellies and princess umbrella. She loves the rain and the puddles.

Odds n Ends

1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles?
No, exept for anything knitting related, I'm not a stasher.

2. Are you allergic to anything?
Cats and soya.

3. Do you have pets?
No. Due to allergies. Two of my children are allergic to almost all pets.

4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? What are the last 2 swaps you participated in?
I have done more swaps. The last two I participated in were the Knitting Vintage Socks Swap and in the UK Swap.

5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them.
I read plenty of blogs I enjoy. It does not feel right to list only 3 of them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, I bought some of the coffee you mentioned in q.3 the other day and it is now my favourite. I am sorry for being a bad pal but life has been busy here. I will put a couple of extras into your parcel as an apology. I also joined this swap, coffee and yarn perfect combo.
UK swap pal
Dawn said…
I've got to do one of these swap things sometime...looks like fun! Love reading these questionaires...learn so much about people! Have a fabulous day!
The coffee swap is going to be "FUN" Can't wait to get my partner...
prairiegirl said…
Just wanted to let you know that I received the parcel that you sent on behalf of Darcy for the "Longing for Spring" swap! The yarn is absolutely gorgeous and I love the stitch marker too! (Oh and chocolate... yummy!) I was so taken with the yarn I abandoned all my other projects and cast on straight away last night for the Tiny Tulip Socks. I can't believe how fast they're going - I'm almost done the first sock already! Must be the yarn! ;) It's such a pretty colour and seems to fly off the needles! I love it! It's beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Swap

Yarn contest

101 About 100