My special Vintage Socks

Arrived Friday! Of course one of those hectic days, no time to blog. I was in luck, the parcel was delivered when I was not home, but the postman left it in the porch instead of taking it to the delivery office. Complete wit a friendly note he left it there to save me a trip. Yes!
The package came from Norway, from Johanna. Oh my, she did spoil me!

And not only me, for Dory there was a colouring book with some stickers inside. 'Hello Kitty.' She loves it.
With the book removed, the box was still filled to the nose...

with hazelnut coffee beans (delicious!) and yummy dark chocolate...


Regia blue sock yarn. Excellent to cast on another pair of Vintage Socks... if I could find that book! Where could a knitting book hide? The grey sock wool is the leftover from my socks (later this post). I think it might be enough for a pair of socks for Dory.

A candle with a lovely smell, darning needles and a tape measure.

These stitch markers are brilliant. Johanna did make them herself.


A lovely notecard and some cards of places of interest of Trondheim . I really want to visit Norway someday and she knows that. Trondheim might be a good choice when planning our next holidays.



The whole lot together. Gorgeous, I felt overwhelmed when everything was unwrapped!

And the best thing of course: the socks! I truly love them, the are very comfortable, have a perfect fit and are beautiful knitted with Regia Silk. First time I have something silky in my socks :-)The pattern used is Gentleman's Fancy Sock with some alterations.

Johanna, you have done a beautiful job, thanks so much!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad you liked everything! I had a lot of fun knitting and putting together everything in the box.
Ang said…
oh those socks look wonderful. what a lucky girl you are!
Myrthestiek said…
What a lovely package you received. Great socks!
I didnt know there was a silk sock yarn how soft they must be in my dreams i would have a sock drawer full of hand knitted socks of various designs Iam fascinated by all the designs in the vintage sock book;) Hugs Darcy
Anonymous said…
What a great parcel! Great socks too.

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Swap

Yarn contest

101 About 100