Day off to Chester

Chester is a very nice county town to visit. For us it is the nearest 'big' town to do our shopping. Today D. and me went to Chester by bus. There was a bit of arguing about that before... she likes to go by train. Going by bus has some advantages however, the bus stop is at ten minutes walk from our home and the bus stops in the town centre of Chester. For the rail stop we have to walk at least 20 minutes presuming Doortje would go on. And the bus is half the price of the train. So, this time, the bus prevailed.
We had a nice day, bit clouded, but dry. Of course we walked part of the Castle Walls, as she loves to climb up and down the stairs.
And we did some shopping. She kind of talked me into making your own stitch markers. And as it happens there is a small Bead Shop in Frodsham Street. What I did not know until today: D. loves beads! She insisted on filling her own bowl with all kind of beads. It took me ten minutes or so to put the beads (and buttons and flowers) back I did not want. However I have bought more than planned. She is especially in love with the ladybugs as you can see on these photo's ;)

Now she is sleeping and has taken all the ladybugs with her. I hope I will get them back sometime.

There are some really good links to DIY Stitch Markers.
Since I am awaiting an online order with headpins etc, I have, aside from beads, only bought some wire. And that is what I used to make my very first Stitch Marker.

And now you can start to laugh :)


Stash is one of the attractions for me in Chester. It is a small shop, loaded with lots and lots of wool. This time I could not resist a hank of hand dyed Opal Sock Yarn. As if I'm in need of this, LOL!

Comments

Hello Did I say DROOL!!!!
I went and took a peak at more on the stash website the crazycolors regia is nice but not as nice as what you just bought love your taste in yarn.Darcy
Alice said…
In real the colours are more beautiful than pictured. It was not easy to pick only one skein in the shop, there where also some lovely hand dyed BFL yarns.
Anonymous said…
Why on earth should we laugh? It's gorgious! Keep up the good work! Something for Lizzie's Wonderland? Hope you get those ladybugs back! I love them too!

VERY difficult, I know!, resisting all those beautiful yarns...... I think it's very admirable, that you only bought one skein...pffff!
Alice said…
I love those ladybugs too, but don't think I will have them back :). They still join her when she is going to sleep.
Myrthestiek said…
Mooie wol; knap hoor om het bij 1 streng te houden.
Je steekmarkeerders zien er ook weer top uit.

Wat de lieveheersbeestjes betreft geef ik je ook weinig kans dat je die ooit weer terug krijgt. Lieveheersbeestjes blijven Myrthe's favoriet ook nog steeds, zelfs na jaren ;).
N. Maria said…
I LOVE your very first Stitch Marker! It is unique and it is you!
Kelly said…
I just stumbled across your blog while searching for yarn shops in Chester. I'm headed there this weekend for hte first time and will be sure to check out Stash Yarns. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Swap

Yarn contest

101 About 100