One size fits all. About Necklace Cable Needles and Wristlers

Some time ago Darcy send me this parcel. The Silky Malabrigo party pink was sent with a purpose, Darcy asked me if I'd test a pattern she made. As there was some cabling in the pattern, a cable needle would be helpful. So she and Leslie Wind decided to send me also a set of two necklace cable needles to test as well. They are just beautiful!

Testing is what I did. I started with the cable needle to make the Snowflake, an excellent pattern to try cables. Sorry for the bad photo.

I am pretty pleased to work with this kind of cable needle. As I was used to the type with two open ends, I had to figure out a bit how this one worked, but it is really easy peasy. You just have to work always from the left to the right. And because of its weight the stitches keep staying on this needle. If you want to have it more visualized how to work with them, Darcy has put some very clear video's on her blog.

My second project was the fingerless mitts, the pattern to be tested.

This is a fun pattern to knit, easily done as they are knitted both at once and only approximately 30 grams of yarn is needed.


The is the best part: one size fits all!

Comments

MorganMagic said…
I just LOVE those cable necklaces, OMG, where can one buy those???
MorganMagic said…
lovely wristlers too... (I've made 2 pairs for myself and 1 pair for Zinzia already, and that will not be the end of it)
Myrthestiek said…
The wristlers are looking great and I really adore the cable needles.
Anonymous said…
OMG I am in love with those cable needles, where can I get them?
~RaenWa~ said…
Those cable needles are pretty love how your wrist warmers came out
MorganMagic said…
(op mijn blogje heb je een award gekregen)
I have one for you in a guage for doing smaller projects like socks:)Hugs Darcy

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Swap

Yarn contest

101 About 100