It seems like ages ago I showed some serious knitting on this blog. Not that I did quit knitting, but there are a few projects I'm not allowed to share with the world outside yet. I was, I am knitting 2 lace shawls. I joined the Mystic Light KAL, did clue-1 and decided the shawl is not turning out as I'd like. The yarn is to blame for it, I am using the same yarn as for the Mystic Waters shawl. Is that one becoming lovely, the combination of the lace and cables in ML does not work with this Sheer Delight. So no photo's of that disaster.
And then the Mystic Waters. I've written about it before and was pretty positive. Until my counting and the shawl in progress did not get along with each other anymore. Very frustrating, each row I was missing stitches or had to many. So, I put it aside instead of frogging it. Well, I was very near to ripping, throwing it away, bury it, burn it... Usually I am a very patient person, really!
I left it for three weeks beside the sofa and picked it up again yesterday. And know what: the mojo was back again! No miscounting anymore, no faults and I cannot understand where I did go wrong earlier.
Something completely different is the Quest Dish Cloth I made yesterday. A dish cloth is one of those small projects, an absolute no-brainer. I toyed a bit with some stitches from the Knitting Stitch library and the outcome was like this
I jotted the pattern down, you can find it here if you are interested. Made of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Stripes, not 50 grams used.