First of all the pink socks are finished. I used a leftover of 50 grams of this self patterning Opal, enough for a pair of trainer socks. There is even some wool left. I'm not very content how they turned out however, I used needle size 2.5 mm and I find the stitches are too loose and therefor a bit irregular. Size 2 mm knit a bit to tight though, so I guess 2.25 mm would be best with this yarn. Alas I don't have them. And I haven't seen Addi 100 cm circulars that size. So if anyone knows where they are available or do know a good alternative, please let me know ;).
Oh, I like unequal patterned socks :).
And then I felted a pair of socks into slippers for D. That was not my intention, I knew I had to wash them by hand. The socks were in a pile of wash I put in the machine without sorting it first. A bad thing to skip, everyone knows, but it happened. After a 40 degrees cycle, the came out a lot smaller than they were before. After 2 more cycles they are nearly Doortjes size, so she has got herself a pair of new slippers. She does not want to wear them though, she is not fond of slippers.
Third sock project this week are the Elfine socks. A very nice project to knit. I use the Opal sock wool I purchased some weeks ago and they are turning out very neat. This time I'm using a 2 mm circular. The stitches are very even now, but it is a bit to stiff.