Saturday, 6 October 2007
Okay, I knew from the start the socks would not be very original when I decided to use a stitch pattern I found in the New Library of Knitting stitches (by Lesley Stanfield). I thought it would be fun to write down every time what I had done while knitting the socks (I did them both at the same time on one circular) and to publish the pattern when they were finished. It took me some time, I started knitting them somewhere in August and only yesterday they were finished. Not that I am a slow knitter, but I had to work on more projects. When I was not half way with these socks, I saw a post on her blog, picturing a pair of 'Snake River' socks which were very alike! Unfortunately the link to the pattern did not work at the time, so I was not sure it was exactly the same. I decided just to proceed, working out the pattern while knitting the socks.
Today I have tried the link again and yes, it worked. And yes again, the same pattern was used. It does not state where the pattern comes from, but as the knitting library is a gathering of stitches found all over the world, it is hard to say.
So, the big question: should I publish my version or not.....